I'm back... from outer space!

Wow, it's been a long time since I've published a post. I have been doing a lot of projects, but I haven't really been documenting them! Perhaps I'll do a quick photo post of the last few months later this week.

I'm so ready for spring to be here! I'm chomping at the bit to get my veggies planted and my outdoor living space created... I plan to spend a lot of time outside once it warms up.

I'm going to take it easy with planting stuff this year. I always go way overboard and everything ends up dying before it takes root outside. I'm also getting rid of my raised bed (it takes up too much space!) and opting for climbing plants along the fence instead. Did you know that pumpkins can grow vertically on a trellis? Who knew!!! I got two small varieties of pumpkins to try, a blue one and a white one, as well as some Roma tomatoes, zucchini and yellow squash. Aside from these, I'll probably just do some container plantings of broccoli (a really unique Italian variety!) and maybe a few other veggies and herbs, along with the usual flowers.

I ordered a really great outdoor rug on Overstock the other day, and I plan to stop at Target to buy a few turquoise stacking sling chairs when I get paid this week. Then I'm going to make one of these!




I'm leaning towards a black one to match the chairs I'm getting, but the lime green really does catch my eye! Go figure... :) Pallets are easy to come by around work, but if I can't snag a couple from there I'll go pick up a couple from the pallet place or the ReStore- I hear they're really cheap.

I also plan to sew up some pillows and cushions for the chairs and the built-in bench in our yard, but that will come a little later.

I'll be sure to keep you all posted on my progress! Think Spring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kaffe Fassett Jelly Roll Jam Quilt

Temperature Record Cross Stitch

Football Blanket Crochet Chart