IT'S DONE! Cotton Cuts Mystery Puzzle Quilt 2.0

Here it is... my "Pastures New" Cotton Cuts mystery puzzle quilt in the Portofino colorway.



I did make one little tweak to the original kit... I didn't care for the binding fabric that they sent- the fabric is pretty, but I didn't like it with the quilt- so I replaced it with some of the funky "algae" colored yellowy-green fabric from the Alison Glass Diving Board collection. I had to order it from fabric.com, since NONE of the quilt shops around here carry designer fabrics, apparently.

I just don't love these together...

Such a strange color! And impossible to match.

I technically finished the quilt top at the beginning of November, but I don't have a consistent quilting schedule (yet), so it takes me a while to "finish-finish" my projects.



I loaded this quilt up on the longarm as a warm-up before tackling the Moonlit Paths crib quilt that I made for our good friends' baby... which I still haven't gotten to. UGH. Long-arming is nerve-wracking for me, since I get to do it so rarely. Someday I'll have one of my own to get to know better.

The idea with the quilting here was to emulate the tentacles on the backing. I'm not sure it was 100% successful, but it works!



Comments

  1. Gorgeous - and I love you he outdoor pictures . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I brought it along on a photo shoot in Houghton!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kaffe Fassett Jelly Roll Jam Quilt

Temperature Record Cross Stitch

Football Blanket Crochet Chart