More Pieced Pups

I'm loving this Tartan Kiwi Mini Doxie pattern!

My husband seemed convinced that the first three blocks I made didn't need all sorts of crazy stuff around them, and he really wanted me to just put them together, frame them simply with a border and call it done. Fine. If he actually has that much of an opinion on a project, I'll take it!


But I still have a ton of half square triangles from my Cotton Cuts scrap bag that I really want to use up. I decided to make a larger version of the Doxie block and surround a single one with the all sorts of crazy stuff, like lime green and raspberry colored HST blocks and my cute little paper-pieced dog bones. I'm not entirely sure of the scale that I enlarged the dog block to, but it seems like it might come out to about twice the size of the original. I'll take a dip into "improvisational quilting" and just go until I run out of scraps, I guess!



Original versus giant

And yesterday I got really excited about the idea of "Halloweenies"... making these blocks in orange, purple and green with black spiderweb backgrounds, and appliqueing little witch hats and stuff on them. OMG!!! How cute would that be?!?!


Oops. Somehow this fabric came home with me from JoAnn's today... 

I also bought Elizabeth Hartman's Dogs in Sweaters pattern a while back (can you tell I have a thing for long little doggies?). My mother in law and I did a mini quilt shop hop last weekend since I somehow haven't been to several of the quilt shops in the area, and we ended up at Going to Pieces in Appleton (LOVE!). I found some really cute plaid flannel fat quarters that are perfect for the little sweaters, and they match my orange living room! Well... sort of. I like the orange with red and green for the holidays, so I figured that orange, red, and green would go well in a quilt for the couch.




I also found a bunch of leftover brown fabric from the Woodland Critters quilt we made a while back. I didn't realize we had bought so much! Lucky surprise for me... they'll be perfect for the doggy bodies and ears... but maybe not now that I look at the lighter one again... hmmm...


The only thing I need to figure out yet is the background fabric, and I guess the backing as well. I could go for a fun plaid flannel on the back, but I really don't think a white quilt top would work well at my house. I like grey a lot, but I'm not feeling it with the brown dogs. Perhaps a taupe or cream? We'll have to see what happens when I get to it!

Comments

  1. This is a very nice collection and you select a very good thing for this blog and I am impressed by your work.Best Embroidery Digitizing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James! :) I appreciate your kind comments!

      Delete
  2. More Pieced Pups is a story about two friends and their new dog. After a long day of work, they stop at the local bakery to buy a pie. But when they get home, their dog is no longer the friendly old man he used to be. More Pieced Pups is a story about two friends and their new dog. After a long day of work, they stop at the local bakery to buy a pie. But when they get home, their dog is no longer the friendly old man he used to be. When they find out that they have been cursed, they must find a way to break the spell before their dog eats all of their favorite things! Book Editors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article, thanks for the information. It's very complete information. I will bookmark for next reference. coffee beans dubai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays.Thanks a lot. Industry Leading Degassing Solution

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great information shared and that too in a very detailed manner Buy chocolate truffles Jeddah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got many helpful information for us.thank you fit out companies uae

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kaffe Fassett Jelly Roll Jam Quilt

Temperature Record Cross Stitch

Football Blanket Crochet Chart