Square Overload

Holy granny squares, Batman!

A billion granny squares and a cup of tea. I'm not an old lady, I swear.
I can't say I've ever gotten this close to finishing a crochet project of this size before! Usually when a pattern consists of lots of one little thing, I get bored and set it aside for a few years (and then forget about it). It helps that I have other crocheters working with me on this one, and a tight deadline to get it done!

Our light blue ribbon Prostate Cancer Support Afghan is coming together! We've only got a couple dozen more squares to whip up (out of 180, that doesn't sound too bad...), and I sorted them into rows so we could get started stitching them together.

 

 

I'm reminded why I struggle with group projects. I tend to be a perfectionist and little irregularities drive me absolutely insane. Despite our best efforts to make all of our squares exactly the same, there are still some really funky big ones and a few with a couple lumpy sides... but I just have to make like Elsa and let it go! We'll make it work. Like I always say... if I wanted it to be perfect, I would have bought it in a store. And I sure as heck am glad I had the help of those talented ladies! I never would have finished this on my own.

Here's a photo of a couple of the ladies sewing it together at work the day of the Christmas party... we shut down at noon so I had enough time to stitch the final rows on at home (even with sewing one on backwards and having to remove it- UGH!).


Aaaaand... here it is! I literally finished putting the border around it five minutes before dinner started at our Christmas party, so I didn't get a chance to take lots of pictures. It did, however, fit nicely on the full-size bed in our hotel room. It turned out great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football Blanket Crochet Chart

It's football season... already??

Long plane rides are good for something