Closet Update: more progress

Ugh. This project is taking way longer than I wanted it to. But it's coming along, slowly but surely.

I sanded the shelves and stained them this past weekend.

I got to be the noisy neighbor (at least for a while... then the weirdo next door started tripping on something weird and was mumbling gibberish for a few hours... ?), with the combo of the old clunky air compressor and the orbital sander. I attempted to get them done as quickly as possible, so as not to be super annoying. I ended up only needing to run the 80 grit over the boards to get them smooth... I was expecting to need to go up to 220, but it seems to have done the trick. After all, the shelves are supposed to look industrial and reclaimed, so I'm not terribly concerned about a mirror-smooth finish.


I then stained the shelves a nice ebony black. I used old balled up cotton socks to apply the stain, and wore big rubber cleaning gloves to keep the stain off of my fingers. They look beautiful! :)


Next up is polyurethane, and then we can start assembling the shelves in the closet! Yay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kaffe Fassett Jelly Roll Jam Quilt

Temperature Record Cross Stitch

Football Blanket Crochet Chart