Getting Thrifty

I stumbled across some really cheap home dec fabric samples as I wandered my local JoAnn's store last weekend... 50 cents a piece! The samples were perfect 17" squares- just the right size for some throw pillows!


I had been wanting to do a bit of fall decorating in my living room, and what better way than to add some pops of red, orange and brown? I picked out 6 fabric samples (for a whopping $3!), picked up some pillow forms and zippers, and headed home to whip up some festive pillows to go with my bargain-bin, last-year's-style decorative pumpkins!


Fastest project ever. Done in record time! Each pillow took about 3 minutes to sew, including putting in the zipper. I like to sew the zipper to the pieces before sewing around the edges... it seems a lot easier to me than adding it in after the front and back pieces are already together.


Of course, the zipper isn't really necessary. I just like having it there in case I want to change up my pillows for the next holiday. :) And just in case Howie decides they look tasty...


"Who me? I'm too cute to be sassy!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kaffe Fassett Jelly Roll Jam Quilt

Temperature Record Cross Stitch

Football Blanket Crochet Chart